 Dear LEGO / 5041
Re: parts pack request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:12:53 GMT

"Christian Treczoks" <ct@braehler.com> wrote in message
news:IAILC5.1vH3@lugnet.com...
Ben Fleskes wrote:
A pack of LEGO parts, one of each color - that's my suggestion.
Hi, Ben,

I thought of such a set, too (although I thought of tiles 2x2 with a
number printed on them, but bricks 2x4 have definitely more style).

Nonetheless, this won't happen, because
a) It would make sense. And ideas that make sense don't come true at TLC
any more.

Actually, this idea probably doesn't make any sense for LEGO, being that the
ONLY people interested in this would be AFOL's and even then probably only a
subset of them. There just wouldn't be enough of a demand for them to make
production worthwhile.
It would make producing, releasing and selling this item simply too
expensive.
Shame, as I would love to be able to get my hands on the full current LEGO
color chart as 2 x 2 tiles.

b) After they once gave a list of their colour numbers and names to the
AFOL public (available e.g. at peeron), the colour list is super-secret
again. They weren't even allowed to tell us the numbers of the
hard-to-identify colours in Jakes list of currently "Universal" colours.
I'ts propably their Angst that the Megablokes might copy bley... (or might
sue TLC because they copied the Megablokes bley?)

I have been working with LEGO on just this area - more information VERY
soon!

Richard