 Dear LEGO / 4796
Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 16:20:09 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mark Riley wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Jimmy Park wrote:

*snip*

It makes me debate the wisdom of posting great finds to the .shopping group.  In
this case:

http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=11511&t=i&v=a

The item was gone in about an hour and a half.  I had tried probing the
inventory by trying to add a large amount to the shopping cart and was limited
to 99, so I assume they had at least that many (unless they've put in measures
to get around this loophole).  Anyway, it seems like some reseller probably
gobbled them all up, though I can't be certain, of course.

Mark

Good point, Mark.

Recently, I've found myself limiting my .shopping-related finds to member-only
forums like Yahoo groups and private eMail lists.  At first, I reciprocated good
finds that I learned of on .shopping with similar posts, but I got the sense
that profit trolls, not interested in the hobby itself, were snapping up the
sets for resale.  That's not likely the spirit of things that we're trying to
promote on LUGNET.

Anyway, build on.

Ed