 Dear LEGO / 4781
    Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items —Jimmy Park
   AFAIK, this seller, NinjaPrincess, is a woman who deals with bulk bought Lego which she sorts and resells. I vaguely recall her having bought some 20,000 copies of Final Duel IIs for $1 each for resale from some clearance/wholesale group. (...) (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items —David Laswell
     (...) Maybe they've picked them up through Pick-A-Brick or tent sales? The one store listing massive quantities of the Gryffindor shield is in Denmark, and they might have liquidated their leftover stock of light-grey when they switched over to (...) (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items —Jimmy Park
     (...) 1. I thought about the PAB. If it were PAB, then we would all know about it and a whole lot of other AFOLs would be doing the same thing. 2. Tent sales would probably mean that they would have to buy whole sets and there's no evidence of them (...) (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items —James Stacey
      (...) I can't speak for the individual case cos I don't know, but I do know certain things like shileds have turned up at PaB. I do know someone who found stormtroopers in the PaB and brought them all. Could be an answer. (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items —Martin Bruun
     (...) Well, some special items in very limited supply has from time to time suddenly been available at PAB in Legoland Billund. And if you come there often enough, not many other AFOL's might get to know about it, before it is too late. Martin (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items —Thomas Garrison
     (...) How about the value of making the market more efficient? Suppose that person A is willing to pay $20 for a set and person B is willing to pay $40 for a set[1]. Perhaps A is lucky[2] and finds the set for $20, but that outcome does not maximize (...) (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items —Scott Arthur
     (...) I have bought from her a couple of times and have been very happy. I see nothing wrong with what she is doing: 1. Nobody is being forced to buy her stock. 2. She has not bought up the whole stock (as others have with other sets). Scott A (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items —Matthew Sailors
     I have also purchased from Precious Princess Palace on Bricklink and have had exemplary service, but I agree that this auction business certainly appears fishy. However, I will reserve judgement. Matt 576 p.s. Thanks to all of you other Lugnet folks (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items —Troy Cefaratti
      "Jimmy Park" <madoka@jps.net> wrote in message news:Hy5CqG.22MC@lugnet.com... (...) Lego (...) 20,000 (...) clearance/wholesale (...) Jin is NOT a woman. Just thought I would clear that up. Troy (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items —Mark Riley
   (...) It makes me debate the wisdom of posting great finds to the .shopping group. In this case: (URL) item was gone in about an hour and a half. I had tried probing the inventory by trying to add a large amount to the shopping cart and was limited (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items —Ed McGlynn
   (...) *snip* (...) Good point, Mark. Recently, I've found myself limiting my .shopping-related finds to member-only forums like Yahoo groups and private eMail lists. At first, I reciprocated good finds that I learned of on .shopping with similar (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)