 Dear LEGO / 456
Re: Item suggestions for the 200x LEGO System Collection.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:51:50 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Kevin Wilson writes:
James Jackson wrote:
Based on what I found out from
other Lego fans on the Internet, The LEGO Group (TLG) released models with • less
detail and bulkier parts to make items simpler for small children in Europe.
However, it teaches the children of North America that we have to decrease • our
standards and limit ourselves based upon (from my understanding about • European
education) what European children should have already understood.

Where did you get this from, James? IMO, juniorisiation is more likely
to have been prompted by the US market - children who have very short
attention spans due to too much TV and too many video games.

Actually, THIS ( http://www.lugnet.com/pause/town.html#TownJr ) is where I got
it from. Read the whole vignette and see if you understand where I'm coming
from.

Actually they probably did it not because of children from any area
being a particular way, but to appeal to younger children generally,
worldwide. It's just a pity that they didn't keep the previous "Town Sr"
sets _as well_ as producing juniorised ones.

Kevin
It is a shame and that is why I say they should re-release specific items, such
as Lionel Trains, Inc. has recently done. They've recently put out about 30 or
so steam and diesel locomotives and other rail equipment from 1945-1960 over
the past 2 years. (The only difference being the fact that the railcar's date
(ex.: "NEW 5-79") has been replaced with the letters "PW" for Post-War
collection. I tried to get the FX-Star Patroller on EBay and the price got too
far away from me. I say they should re-release older sets in a newer box. This
was done with 7-stud gray straight & curved road plates when the transition was
made from LEGOLAND to LEGO System.
James J.