 Dear LEGO / 454
Re: Item suggestions for the 200x LEGO System Collection.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:01:20 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, James Jackson writes:
    I would like to see your company produce an Ilyushin IL-62M passenger
plane (with minifig-scale windows, thus making it shorter than a scale • replica
:{ ). DC-10s and DC-9s are easy but have you ever made an MD-11 (Since TLG is
Dutch-originated, give it Northwest Airlines/KLM Royal Dutch decals. They • have
a shared route from Memphis to Amsterdam.

LEGO is Danish, not Dutch.  Denmark, not the Netherlands.

And, you'll find their standard response is "we do all our developement in-
house, we do not accept designs from people outside the company"...  (And
since a good friend of mine worked for LEGO Futura designing sets, I've heard
stories about how sets were cancelled because they would have cost 2 cents too
much to produce!)

Too bad, because there are a *LOT* of great designs being produced by AFOLs
around the world...
     Thanks for the information on the Dutch-Danish mix-up. However, The MD-11
is worthy of the classic Flight collection as is the Il-62M. (Think of a DC-9
with a second set of engines fused on the sides of the first two (at the rear
of the fuselage) That is an Il-62, one of the better planes made by the Soviet
Union.
     John, Must you be so flamin' pessimistic? On the promise that will rescue
American LEGO sales, you have to figure that they'll eventually see a good
thing. My 3rd & 4th grade designs come out better than these "Town Jr." sets
any day of the week, (Yours too, I'm sure) so you must see my point (if you're
not just bein' gloomy over the large request that at least 10K AFOLs
probably agree with...).
<sigh>

<yet another sigh....>
James J.

John G
(you can probably guess to remove the ".nospam" to reply...)