 Dear LEGO / 455
Re: Item suggestions for the 200x LEGO System Collection.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 03:04:39 GMT

James Jackson wrote:
Based on what I found out from
other Lego fans on the Internet, The LEGO Group (TLG) released models with less
detail and bulkier parts to make items simpler for small children in Europe.
However, it teaches the children of North America that we have to decrease our
standards and limit ourselves based upon (from my understanding about European
education) what European children should have already understood.

Where did you get this from, James? IMO, juniorisiation is more likely
to have been prompted by the US market - children who have very short
attention spans due to too much TV and too many video games.

Actually they probably did it not because of children from any area
being a particular way, but to appeal to younger children generally,
worldwide. It's just a pity that they didn't keep the previous "Town Sr"
sets _as well_ as producing juniorised ones.

Kevin