 Dear LEGO / 4077 (-20)
  Re: Set 3444

(...) Yeah. I just made a roof---not too large---for a church (which was itself rather on the small side). I'd estimate that I used about 150 2x4 roof bricks, but I didn't even need to open my (only) 3444 to do the peak. But peaks, like a lot of the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Set 3444

(...) Think it's frustrating when the PEAK tile is unavailable, keep your eye on the pieces you need many more of... like 3497 the basic 2x4 black roof tile. However, 5216 was the (pardon me) high point of black roofs, lacking only the half-pyramid (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Set 3444

"TWS Garrison" <tgarrisBASSo@ISmath...urdue.edu> wrote in message news:Pine.GSO.4.44.0...due.edu... (...) Now you know how I feel about the discontinuation of the 3474 (light gray 1x6 bricks). :-( -- Adrian Egli (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Set 3444

Just a heads-up that set 3444, (URL) black 2x4 roof peak pack, is sold out at S@H (in the US, anyway). There are still decent quantities available at BrickLink, but I wouldn't plan any large black roofs any time soon without bricks in hand. . . This (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Track radius question

Not a demand, just a suggestion, in case it came out that way. Sorry about the wrapping screw-up. -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Lego Accessories

(...) Actually, thanks for bringin’ that up! I too have ventured out and purchased some of the new MB stuff… and I believe Jeff Byrd put it best when he said: “LEGO will always be the best brick out there. However, I have a little diorama of LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Track radius question

(...) I'd like to see them made like HO switches. In these, the switch only has a free-moving bar attached to the points, to which you can attach a motorized switch machine or a manual throw. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Track radius question

(...) I have skirted the issue by using curve-straight-curve...aight-etc. for most of my turns, which comes out to be about a 72 stud radius. One note: I don't use points, except in a train yard (so basically for looks). And when you get right down (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  10022 and 10025

Hi all, I recieved the 10022s today and build them (3 of them) right when I was back home from work. I would like to congratulate Lego on asking James Mathis to design them and congratulate James for doing such a fine job. My complete train (2 Super (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 'My Own Creation' series ideas

Personally I found this one quite impressive: (URL) Szklennik" <jeffszklennik@usaexpress.net> wrote in message news:H1uFG9.A38@lugnet.com... (...) 'go to (...) (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Although I am not a town fan at heart, I have to agree 150% with this post!!!!!!!! This would make a fantastic "MOC" set!!!!! The parts in a set like this would be great to have! Greg "Jeff Szklennik" <jeffszklennik@usaexpress.net> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  'My Own Creation' series ideas

Well, not so much a suggestion as a DEMAND ;) Make this: (URL) Brian Gallant one of your 'My Own Creation' sets, so we Lego fans can 'go to TOWN' again :)) Jeff (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Moulds

Dear Lego, much speculation has been flying around here about why moulds for certain sets can or cannot be made. The most recent outbreak was about the 1x1x1 windows for the re-issue of the Constellation. If you could tell us what the general rule (...) (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Hair/beards wish list (not only Castle, was Re: A NEW CASTLE Wishlist)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Tom Stangl writes: Snip (...) Snip Just a few more thoughts, and if there isn't many more posts to this thread, then I might summarise it and post the final list in one of the Lego groups. More ideas, seeing as we have covered (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New Lego Accessories

Richard Noeckel writes: <stuff> Richard: Yeah, these designs are great -- esp. the Greek Warrior action. But here is the thing with customization: you have to stay within the look and feel of regular bricks or you run the risk of looking and feeling (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Hair/beards wish list (not only Castle, was Re: A NEW CASTLE Wishlist)

I'd DEFINITELY go for a shorter beard, Dumbledore hair, and Hermione hair in every possible color, as a new Service Pack. I think Lego could make some good money on such a pack. Forget about tossing caps and hats in the pack, as they always do, make (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: A NEW CASTLE Wishlist

In lugnet.castle, Aaron West writes: snip (...) snip Just had another thought about the minifig accessories, what about a complete colour range of the long hair and long beard elements, at the moment the beard is only available in white and light (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Re: Technic's Dead )

In lugnet.dear-lego, Christopher L. Weeks writes: "What kids need is the experience of complex modularity with rules of certain varying granularity." Yep, I can't count how many times I heard old Gramps yelling that out the kitchen window at me. (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  US S@H...Poor Selection

Why is the US S@H selection so poor compared to some of the European sites? Many of the items that are no longer, or were never, available here in the states are still available in Europe. Some good examples are: Service Packs!!!!!!! (UK has these (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A NEW CASTLE Wishlist

(...) There are two types of MB castle swords. If you go to my parts wanted page, you will find what I am calling "Mega Bloks Sword 1" and "Mega Bloks Sword 2" [note: those are just scans, not properly scaled or sized in relation to one another] -- (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact