 Dear LEGO / 3892 (-20)
  Re: Who's going to buy a Lego Computer?

(...) Whaddathey mean 'Lego computers for *kids*'? But just think... If its true to the Lego philosophy, everything will be compatible with everything else! Plug the LAN cable into the power socket, it don't matter :) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Who's going to buy a Lego Computer?

See the second paragraph: (URL) don't know about you, but I think this might just be taking diversification a bit too far. Think of the support issues for a start :-( Antony. (22 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com

It wasn't THAT unreadable. I saved the original jpgs and tweaked the contrast, and it was easy enough to build the Street Sensation. But yes, it WOULD have been nice if the pics were twice the size or larger. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Let's vote for a Bulk Catalog!

XPFUT from .lego to .dear-lego This is a *great* idea. A catalog solely comprised of LEGO Bulk and LEGO Direct items. Right now, there are too few items offered from bulk to merit such a step, but when more parts become available (like basic bricks (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bring back the old

(...) I'm 13, and i would NOT do as u say, i hate Bionicle, i would love if they reproduce some old sets(specially castle). (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bring back the old

(...) I agree 100% from the aesthetic standpoint--I'd *love* to have the older style helmets. But I somehow don't think that mold is likely to see service again. (I hope beyond hope that I am wrong!) But yes, Classic Space without the older (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bring back the old

(...) I got a bunch of those old style helmets myself. Luckily, since I never really tok out my classic space sets, most of my helmets are in good condition. Just my two brickz... <<_Matt Hein_>> Lugnet member No. 1112 (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Dear Lego, I would like some Lego 'Oranges'... please :)

Yep, that's right! Oranges as in the fruit, this would be cool, they could be the size of the apple without the stems. Belville/Scala... whatever... doesn't matter... just my Minifigs need some other sorce for Vitamin C ;) If you do this, I will (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bring back the old

(...) I'm sure we've had this discussion before, and as with most things I'm probably in the minority, but for me those thin helmets were/are as integral to classic space as the planet insignia or the indomitable smiley faces. If there is no other (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bring back the old

(...) The chin-straps are notorious for breaking. The new style is so similar it seems unlikely that most people would even notice. --Bill. (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Are you going to tell them or am I?

(...) Indeed. The current issue has one kid displaying a collection of made up sets (including a Galaxy Explorer)... can't remember the name, but from the UK I think. Cheers Richie Dulin (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Why hasn't Lego done a Lando or Panaka and is there a reason?

They've done it at least once: (URL) not much of a success though... (but I still have the red minifig head!) Duq Jeremy Scott <Copyright@cox.net> wrote in message news:GtLuGt.3qz@lugnet.com... (...) missing (...) who (...) if (...) be (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bring back the old

Bill & All, (...) I see. The ole style of helmets is too fragile? Hmmm... I guess I was pretty good for them, most of mine are still together. : ) Anyway, we shall see what happens with the space line. If they don't want to do Classic Space, (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bring back the old

(...) I believe I remember reading either Jake or Brad say that the Cypress was the original mold. The problem with the old helmets is that they're too fragile. --Bill. (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bring back the old

Lindsay, (...) Indeed. I don't know if they have the old style mold or not. Is the Cyprus Tree mold new or the original? DO they have multiples of molds of various parts? (...) Right. Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Are you going to tell them or am I?

(...) Yep: Number 1, 1999: Chen Jia En (Hong Kong)has a model remarkably like the small exploriens base [a couple of VERY minor differences] Couldn't find last December, so that's probably the one you're thinking of...though almost every magazine (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Why hasn't Lego done a Lando or Panaka and is there a reason?

Jeremy & All, (Sheesh, this is the most I have posted on LUGNET in awhile) (...) That's all right, it is an interesting question, and there is nothing wrong with asking, but it was a pretty painful discussion for a lot of people. Just trying to be a (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bring back the old

Lindsay & All, (...) Right, ther eis nothing wrong with being an optimist, I would love to see it, and sicne TLC has turned around a bit in terms of the Legends, who knows? I would be happy with it. (...) I would think they could make a new mold for (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bring back the old

(...) I think it's more that they don't want to invest in a new mold--which has been fairly well established as being a lengthy and costly process-- for a relatively limited-circulation (yes, limited!) item. But as far as I know it's the only part (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why hasn't Lego done a Lando or Panaka and is there a reason?

(...) Okay, everyone ignore the post. I'm new so I wasn't part of those and had no idea they existed. However, will someone inform me on how to search the newsgroups for these topics so that I can see what others think about this topic. My email is (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact