 Dear LEGO / 3889
Re: Let's vote for a Bulk Catalog!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 00:09:09 GMT

XPFUT from .lego to .dear-lego

This is a *great* idea.  A catalog solely comprised of LEGO Bulk and LEGO
Direct items.  Right now, there are too few items offered from bulk to merit
such a step, but when more parts become available (like basic bricks and
plates!!!), this would be a great way to market them.

Right now, with the bulk section taking up a whole 2 pages (at most) per
catalog, there is so much opportunity being missed.  I mean, how much can
you cram into a couple pages?  Fill an entire catalog with elements in bulk
amounts, and you've got a winner on your hands.  Just imagine (heh)
searching through pages and pages of basic bricks and plates(this cannot be
stressed enough), slopes, minifig accessories, modified bricks and plates
(e.g., headlight bricks, switcher plates, etc.), structural elements (like
the doors and windows offered now), foliage, techic elements...the list goes
on and on.

I no absolutely nothing about LEGO's marketing *ability*, or their
production *ability*, but I see this as being a totally realistic idea.

Just my .02 as a paying customer,
-Chris

In lugnet.lego, Markham Carroll writes:
It would be better if LEGO had a seperate catalog that featured bulk only.
Then they could put in more colors and more pieces without the limits of the
normal catalog!

Go to the BULK LEGO BRICKS section of http://www.lego.com/myopinions and at
the question "If LEGO Company could offer any new type of BULK Brick, what
would you most want?" and add in

A seperate bulk Lego catalog

The more people put this in, the more chances of a catalog where you can get
almost any part you need!

--
Booga

Who needs sanity when you have iNsAniTy?!

All your Lego base are belong to us!