 Dear LEGO / 3672
Re: Hey Brad! Why not rerelease an *unpowered* monorail set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:37:34 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mike Walsh writes:

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.dear-lego, John Grubber writes:
Hi All,

[ ... snipped ... ]

Sounds like an awesome idea....the 6399 had a lot of extra cool parts
besides the motor and the other stuff...

I wouldn't mind paying say 79.00 for the elements that came with it....
that would rock...

(snip)

I think a price point of $79 is unrealistic even without a motor.  My 6399
(which I bought used for $200) has a TRU price tag on the box of $189 (USD).
Even without the motor I can't see this set selling for less than $125
(which would still be a deal IMHO).

Would the non-LUGNET buying public buy this set without a motor?  As much as
I would like to say yes, I doubt it would happen.

Mike

I agree mike- $79 is a bit low for a set of that size.  However, I think a push
version would sell fine- after all, no batteries for parents to buy.

Hell, i'd be happy if they would sell the track again, and build my own (push
or not)!

john