 Dear LEGO / 3668
Re: Hey Brad! Why not rerelease an *unpowered* monorail set? + 'Future City'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:39:57 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Benjamin Medinets writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, John Grubber writes:
Hi All,
From what i have heard, the main problem with the monorail sets is that the
motors cannot be made anymore.  Why not re-release it unpowered?  There are
enough smart folks here that could likely jury rig something if they
wanted to,
and share the how-to with the rest of us.  And i would rather have a push
monorail than none at all.

Heres the problem i see though:
- the track- if i recall, has teeth on its raised center bar, that mesh with
the motors teeth, allowing it to crawl along.  The would prevent the easy
sliding of the set, unless the section where the motor would have
contacted the
track is slightly modified (a wider opening or something?).

The lack of electronics/battery pack etc. may even be able to bring the set
price down.

Thoughts?

Sounds like an awesome idea....the 6399 had a lot of extra cool parts
besides the motor and the other stuff...

I wouldn't mind paying say 79.00 for the elements that came with it....
that would rock...

as for the space monorail sets, they are cool in their own right...

and the 6347 monorail expansion pack is a real winner anyways!!!  I could
use at least another one of those for a good track line!!!

Benjamin Medinets

Count me in. The question, as John said, is what to do in the motor/gearing
area. All the rest is no problem. The gear is part of what keeps the motor
on the track correctly aligned, I think.

This little Aussie would like to agree here!  I think those of us who do not
ave this set would drool over the chance of picking one up, motor or not!
Just not at the expensive prices that they are going for on eBay etc etc.

For me, Lego has lost a certain amount of interest when it comes to buying
certain products, I think the 'Town' really needs to come back!!!  Who cares
if you have to rehash the older models.  I know there are still quite a few
ideas they could come up with that were never made in the first place.

When I go through older cats, I look and think where is this and where is
that?  My town is missing this and missing that.  Anyway do bring back the
monorail or better still a new version of monorail - maybe a Millenium
Monorail that's far advanced into the future for the future????

I recently had a dream where Lego made a theme called Future City, I think
my brain merged The Jetsons and Lego together hahaha.  It was cool and the
packaging was amazing.  But it seemed so real that when I woke up I was
terribly disapointed :(

Maybe I'll go design my own 'Future City' (therefore I won't reveal details :P)

Mel... The Lego New Years Resolution: Bring back the TOWN!!!!!