 Dear LEGO / 34
Re: Why lego should not makeso many new colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 15:30:48 GMT

I guess I'll get into the fray...
I think that it wouldn't hurt them to invest some in new molds for more
colors. If at all. You don't need new molds for production, just change the
color content in the plastic. As far as the sets go,  here's an idea, town
sets, well designed, created in differant color scemes. 1 well designed
house in; red, blue, yellow... you could have a sub-division. Merchant
shops... same thing, stripmall... Out of one "run", they could alternate the
colors month by month. For the primary colors, that would be a 3 month run
only. They could still limit the extra colors to say a 2 week production
schedule. As far as the "tan" goes, they could target southwestern US
buyers, or fans of that styling for adobe houses, and shops, and resturants.
Castles would be more interesting if they were indeed created in differant
colors. Neu Schwanstein is practically white,  (that's "Mad" King Ludwig's
castle in the Baverian Alps, the "Disney" type castle, for those of you who
don't know).  An since I've heard that Lego has laid in the Disney bed...
why not?...
And by the same token,  why not well designed space sets with differant
color scemes?
It has been my experiance, that if they make it, someone will buy it. I
would if I made the kind of money some of you all do. I'd buy them all, ten
times over.
Have Fun! C-Ya!

(disclaimer: Nope, don't work for LEGO/but want to.)

Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)  legoman34@usa.net
www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334/  ..... (waiting patiently for
Todd and Susan to invite me to move to Lugnet)

IANsSnakes@aol.com wrote in message <361f458f.190388672@www.lugnet.com>...
Well, I guess I should suggest some improvements, so here goes.....

1) [space] make sets more complex, have more pieces, and be better
constructed, make fewer of them, and have them out longer. Bring back
sets/themes which have proved themselves over time, like Futuron,
Blacktron and the nonthemed general space sets, from before the late
80's.

2) [castle] same as the first half of the one above, also make sets
bigger

3) [aquazone] same as #1, and #2, bring back the first aquanauts, the
stingrays, aquanauts and hydronauts are good examples of the level of
complexity all sets should be

4) [technic] make universal sets like you use to have, but include
pneumatic, electronics, gears (the old very big one esp.), like
mindstorms, but without all the robitics.

5) [town] follow the advice in #1

I guess thats it...
ian