 Dear LEGO / 3392 (-20)
  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

(...) Frank.... you must have gotten a different catalog than I did. I'm looking at the dinosaurs now and what I see are dinosaurs made out of LEGO pieces that are shaped to look like dinosaur parts. Not really LEGO "bricks" as such, but rather (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Guarded Inn

(...) They are pintos - palominoes are "blond" with even paler mane and tail. Lego could make me a set of off-color horses - Grey, chestnut (butterscotch), and Tan. They would be great. Off-color foliage would be nice, too. Sand green, lime green, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Store Stock?

(...) Yes that's been my experience as well, the stock fluctuates at the MOA LIC depending how recent their last shipment was and the how fast things are selling. What I do is this, if I see anything there I want, I buy it when I see it. It's likely (...) (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Store Stock?

(...) Unfortunately that's normal. AFAIK they've never had any of the newer LD bulk packs. They've had a smattering of the older service packs over the years, but never in much quantity or variety. As for train stuff, they are usually fairly well (...) (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Store Stock?

(...) I think i should have got 2 now... Josh (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Store Stock?

(...) Last week it was the same story at the LIC Orlando, Florida. No bulk packs, no switches, no sopwith. All they had in the train section was 4 4561, 1 banged-up speed regulator, some straight track and a shelf full of curved track. All I got was (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Store Stock?

(...) Bulk bricks appear to be treated like service packs, as far as LEGO retail outlets go. It's rare to see more than a handful of different service items at LEGO Potomac Mills the several times I've been there, and LEGOLAND Billund had only one (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  LEGO Store Stock?

Ok, i went to the lego store in the Mall Of America. I figured i'd be able to get switch tracks, 2x2 tiles, & 1x4x3 trans clear panels. I get there and they had NONE! Not even the switches. I firgure someone bought the switches, thats why this is (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.org.us.gmlug)

  Metroliner and Club Car

Hi - Will the Metroliner and Club Car be available for ordering on the Lego website today? Or has it been delayed? Thanks for your help, - Bob (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: feedback swamped with starwars Ahhh!!!

"Tim Saupe" <tsaupe@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:GI6wJq.F5M@lugnet.com... (...) I wish we had more than just speculation to go off of for the whole SW license/no spaceship clause rumor. Unless I'm missing something a LEGO employee said, isn't (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: feedback swamped with starwars Ahhh!!!

Hello - A couple of thoughts here - (...) That's not true, as Brad just said the other day they were looking at Space sets for the Legends line. In making my rounds, I noticed a large Star Wars collectibles site had mentioned the survey with a 'call (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.starwars)

  feedback swamped with starwars Ahhh!!!

I was quite perturbed with the results the last time I used www.lego/youropinion on lego products....it had starwars 6 different times (saying the same basic thing...) on what is your favorite thing... and 8 out of 10 times on what products should (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.starwars)

  Return of 5301 Service Pack?

Dear LEGO - With the return of the Metroliner meaning the grey 6x28 Wagon Plate is back in production, would it be possible to release the 5301 Grey Wagon Plate service pack again? Thanks, Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

(...) How about a Lego Factory? that would work great as a train set. *Unjuniorized* that is. It can have train tracks with an overhead crane, a flatbed train car, an 18 wheeler,-all just like the 4555, and a building with an office and work area. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

(...) A factory is something I'd really like to see. I wonder what it should produce :-) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

(...) That sounds like an idea for a castle starter package, which I would be interested in (being that I have no castle sets, and some would be nice) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

(...) YEs, the big difference between computer games and Lego is that Lego you can see and touch. It also tends to be more versitile because with Lego you can do anything and Sim City you can do only almost anything. (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

(...) Then there's the poor little kids who have jsut started building lego who get these cheap sets and when they get tired of them they go in the closet like any other toy, accept they fall apart. One reason for Lego's success is the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

(...) They actually look at Lugnet daily and steal ideas (at least I think). People mention stuff and BOOM sometimes it comes out. (...) Yes, an important part of Lego (in my opinion) is taking time. Makes you feel proud of something when your (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

Just as a note to why I (the author of this few pages of rage fueled text) dissappeared for a few days is that my computer was very unstable and my dad and had to rebuild it (which we've done successfuly) and add a new hard drive. I'll try to at (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact