 Dear LEGO / 3390
Re: LEGO Store Stock?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 19:10:34 GMT

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 05:52:35 GMT, Steve Demlow <demlow@visi.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.general Josh Baakko <shi_web@hotmail.com> wrote:

Ok, i went to the lego store in the Mall Of America.  I figured i'd be able
to get switch tracks, 2x2 tiles, & 1x4x3 trans clear panels.  I get there
and they had NONE!

Unfortunately that's normal.  AFAIK they've never had any of the newer
LD bulk packs.  They've had a smattering of the older service packs over
the years, but never in much quantity or variety.  As for train stuff,
they are usually fairly well stocked in the months leading up to Christmas
but the stock fluctuates the rest of the year.

Steve

Yes that's been my experience as well, the stock fluctuates at the MOA
LIC depending  how recent their last shipment was and the how fast
things are selling.
What I do is this, if I see anything there I want, I buy it when I see
it.  It's likely that anything that's rare or popular will NOT be
there the next time I shop, I've seen it a number of times, I keep
that in mind when I shop there.  It's just something that is, I would
imagine that the other LIC's and the LEGOLAND shop's would be similar
in the terms of what they have and how often they restock.
It seems that you can ALWAYS find the curved track in stock, finding
the rest of the train sets can be hit or miss.
I also have never seen any of the LD bulk packs there, they have had
all of the sculpture sets at one point or another.  They frequently
have other S@H exclusive's or sets not otherwise available in normal
retail outlets.
If you don't see what you are looking for ask them, if they don't have
any more they should be able to tell you when the next shipment is (in
general terms anyways).
Mike
--

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)