 Dear LEGO / 3386
Re: LEGO Store Stock?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 01:45:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Josh Baakko writes:
Ok, i went to the lego store in the Mall Of America.  I figured i'd be able
to get switch tracks, 2x2 tiles, & 1x4x3 trans clear panels.  I get there
and they had NONE!  Not even the switches.  I firgure someone bought the
switches, thats why this is cross-posted to GMLUG...  But WHY are there no
bulk bricks!?  I ended up only getting a roof tile pack!
Josh

Bulk bricks appear to be treated like service packs, as far as LEGO retail
outlets go. It's rare to see more than a handful of different service items
at LEGO Potomac Mills the several times I've been there, and LEGOLAND
Billund had only one or two items.

The 1x4x3 clear panels were recently on backorder from S@H, so it's not
surprising that they weren't available.

But why don't the outlet and park stores carry a complete line of service
packs? I imagine it's because:
a) many of the service packs don't sell well (according to Brad Justice)
b) service packs tend to come from the factory in large boxes, and would
create a retail inventory problem
c) service packs aren't in attractive packaging intended for point of sale.

Cary