 Dear LEGO / 3137 (-20)
  Re: LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

(...) Remember Charlie Brown running at the football, just to have Lucy pull it away? "Aauuauuauruauuuauugggh!!!!" (Whomp) OK, I hate that Hagrid figure, if this is true. That hair and beard would have made a wonderful minifig accessory. Crossing my (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

(...) Sorry Ken. In my first (and lamentedly lost 'cause it was so much better) version of the post, I did make reference to the Creatorfig arms and head. Matt (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  confirmed! (was: Old sets being sold in new guise?)

Hi all! Ok, when I first saw this thread I was very happy! I could finally get my Octan Gas station! However, I am unable to read German (even though I am German), so I emailed the webmaster and asked him what was going on and if I could order these (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

(...) Hagrid's body did look like a brick in the box art for the PC game, but look at the pic of Hagrid posted by Monica Wilbur a few posts back - note his arm - that's a Creator-fig arm (and yes, that means his head/hair/beard will be one big (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

(...) Good points all, but there would be realy great play value in a new larger scale figure in minifig style, so new scale models could be made with a parent-child type dynamic...not phased out minifigs, just new scale opportunities (look what (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

(...) I have mixed feelings about this. a. Yes, he's a brick. Uck. However . . . b. He is no more immobile than the LEGO Ghost figure, though, whose ghostly body prevented the minifig legs from moving, if the set bothered to include legs at all. (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Service Pack Availability

remember for a long time you have had cool sets in the US of A we couldn't get in Europe. James "David Weiler-Thiessen" <dweiler-thiessen@purina.com> wrote in message news:GDJL7r.E9H@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) available to (...) Europe, ie. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

(...) Yeah, I ain't extatic about some things in the Potter line, seems my initial pipe dreams of sets/parts was just that. Bottom line is quality and expandable playability. Those should be more firm goals of TLC, and if they use classic molds (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  LEGO General/Harry Potter Rant (Was - Re: Harry Potter Creator box art)

Hey all, Caution! Extremely bulky LEGO related ranting follows. Proceed at your own risk! This is also the post I inadvertently deleted last night, and I've attempted to re-create it, though of course I'm not nearly as satisfied with this re-do (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Creator sets, thumbs up and down

(...) Yeah, that's bad -- no doubt about it. I just saw about 4 or 5 Creator sets at the store and I don't know that I can justify buying them at all, container or no container! I liked the chrome elements and some of the specialty elements, but I (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Creator sets, thumbs up and down

Dear Lego, Thumbs up !. I really like the new Creator sets, it fills a much needed gap. I finally have some Lego sets that I can buy for Girls' Birthday presents. (that aren't Duplo) 2. The instruction books are great for kids and parents that need (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Another Kick In The Guts By LA

(...) Sounds like a good idea maybe we should look into it a bit more and "immediately" stat doctor! (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Service Pack Availability

(...) Right with you Dave it's the same in Austraila only you can't get anything out of LA it's like getting blood out of a stone! right now I'm in the middle of building a scale down prototype loco it over 200 studs long and over 48 studs wide (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Service Pack Availability

(...) Right with you Dave it's the same in Austraila only you can't get anything out of LA it's like getting blood out of a stone! right now I'm in the middle of building a scale down prototype loco it over 200 studs long and over 48 studs wide (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Another Kick In The Guts By LA

(...) Maybe Lego Australia don't appreciate the potential demand. If we (lugnet.loc.au) could quantify how much we'd buy *immediately* and sent them a letter saying that we would immediately place orders to the value of x thousand dollars (and cc it (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Service Pack Availability

Hi After watching some of the various posts in the different groups recently, I have become aware of the fact that Lego makes different components available to markets that appear to have a similar capability to support demand for the components. (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Another Kick In The Guts By LA

(...) Well, that about settles it...if LD can get up and running in so many countries so quickly, and then turn around and say that 'there are some "technical issues" that we haven't sorted out'[1] or other comments along similar lines when they HAD (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

Responding to something posted six months ago, sorry: (...) On some email programs, the 'return receipt requested' option does not produce an automatic response - the receiving user gets to choose whether to return the receipt for that message or (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

Hi, This point crossdipped to .dear-lego (but, of course, FUT-> here to .general). (...) Hmmmm. You know, (and this is why I've quoted over to .dear-lego) a swirled mid-production-switch brick would be a very excellent little Factory Tour Keepsake (...) (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Technic Beams in Bulk on shop.lego.com

(...) Unfortunately, it doesn't include the country to which I want it sent 8?( maybe soon.... Another strange thing, while I was making recent purchases from the Big Shop at LL calif, they were surprised that S@H wouldn't ship to Australia, as they (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact