 Dear LEGO / 3125
Re: Service Pack Availability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 04:02:00 GMT

After all, why should AFOLs in Europe be the only ones who can make the really
cool large scale vehicle models we see on Brickshelf?  For an example, check
out http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=4296.  If LEGO would offer
the parts that make these models outside of Europe, you might start to see
non-Europeans actually posting similar models.

Dave

   Right with you Dave it's the same in Austraila only you can't get
anything out of LA  it's like getting blood out of a stone! right now I'm in
the middle of building a scale down prototype loco it over 200 studs long
and over 48 studs wide using large amount of rare elements like 48 3x4x4
windows yellow & blue 2x2 slopes the list puts now I too could got to Europe
and get the 81mm technic wheels and the windows I need and the rest, but the
fact is I would has to start robbing gold reserves and ask the IMF world
bank for a loan just to help pay for it all.
lego needs to rethink about how it goes about rare and bulk pieces
1 it should stop making lego in countries where it is too expensive to
produce eg Denmark ,Switzerland  and closing down the plants
in brazil and south Korea bad idea.
open more plant in asia  due to costs of low labour  there by off loading the
high costs put on pieces.
2 have a central country that deals with LD not one here one there where all
bulk and rare parts can be  found with questions at the same price for all
no matter where you live.
3 yes I know this is a bit over the top but computer software co. are doing
it buy old oil rigs out in the pacific ocean out of trade zones and so on in
international waters  put a couple of moulding plants on them and hello were
in the business of making bricks , one day! there by removing all unnessary
costs.

   By doing things like this (all but No#3) lego may see an increase of
normal folk on the streets take to lego because of the variety of colours
and pieces and the low low cost of the stuff may bring people out of  theie
2nd dark ages ,who know?