 Dear LEGO / 3122
3121  |  3123
Subject:
Service Pack Availability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 17:43:03 GMT

Hi

After watching some of the various posts in the different groups recently, I
have become aware of the fact that Lego makes different components available to
markets that appear to have a similar capability to support demand for the
components.  For example the selection of Technic services packs in Europe, ie.
Germany, is much larger than what is availabe here in the U.S.  What is most
frustrating about this, is that the parts I really want, are not available
here, but available in Germany.  I even called S@H U.S. to see if the parts I
wanted were available.  I was told by the phone operator that the parts were in
the catalog, but 'permanently unavailable'.

Well, I am fortunate to have connections in Germany.  So, I am going to vote
with my pocketbook, and purchase the components I want via 'proxy' and have
them sent to me by a third party who lives in Germany.

After all, why should AFOLs in Europe be the only ones who can make the really
cool large scale vehicle models we see on Brickshelf?  For an example, check
out http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=4296.  If LEGO would offer
the parts that make these models outside of Europe, you might start to see
non-Europeans actually posting similar models.

Dave