 Dear LEGO / 2931
Re: Trucks for our minifig cities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 23:34:02 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Frank Filz writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Ray Sanders writes:
Dear Lego,

Please look at producing a series of minifig scale semi-tractor/trailer
trucks

<snip excellent suggestions>

Yes, please do. And your yellow  <set:2148> and red/black <set:3443>
tractors are a good starting point, too!  (check the ratings, we LOVE those
sets, all 80's 90's and 100's) Just redesign the frame to allow a better
hitch than a 2x2 turntable. Something that is more like a kingpin, something
more like what you did in <set:4549>.

And make the trailers 6 wide and appropriately tall so we can kill off the 4
wide containers! :-) You don't have to be a J2 to realise they are too puny.

I'd dearly love it if they would use 1651 as the basis. 6-wide, using
the 1x6x5 window (usually seen in space sets with trans yellow glass)
with shutters for the doors (of course it would also be nice for them to
also use these windows with glass in something else...).

Also sets like this:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2149
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1650
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1831