 Dear LEGO / 292
  Thank Goodness for Town Jr

After working out how much I spent on LEGO in the 1998 calender year all I can say is "Thank Goodness for Town Jr". If TLG continued to release Town Classic sets my wallet would be doomed to failure. The majority of last years spending was spent (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Thank Goodness for Town Jr

(...) You raise an important factor reflected in my own spending habits: my lego budget is now much smaller. This is because, like you, my affections aren't nearly as divided as they used to be. I used to be equally into town and space. And I can (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Thank Goodness for Town Jr

Sanjay, <tongue was firmly in cheek for the duration of this post> I would hope so, I was trying to keep my innards from exiting. :) (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Scott Edward Sanburn wrote in message <370DEF0B.C8AFFE61@a...ng.com>... (...) ;) ...I get that feeling everytime I see the Town Jr sets on the shelves of my local toy shop. I'm amazed at how large the boxes have become and on speaking to the (...) (25 years ago, 11-Apr-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Thank Goodness for Town Jr

(...) Ya, what's up with that? Adventurer's boxes are bigger too, but it seems to me (maybe because of color or something) that Space Port stuff is even bigger. It's not like those smaller sets have plastic trays. Maybe all those bigger special (...) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Thank Goodness for Town Jr

(...) Hmmmm ... when I got the SW sets, all of them were of 'normal' depth. The boxes are about the same size as before ... Is it just a coincidence? -- Lee Jorgensen, Programmer/Analyst - Bankoe Systems, Inc. mailto:jorgensen@bankoe.moc <-- reverse (...) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Thank Goodness for Town Jr

I would guess that the reason is like all other puffed up packaging: Trying to make up for shoddy and ill-supplied products. (Half a box/bag of air EX: Cheezits, Doritos, etc.) Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Thank Goodness for Town Jr

In lugnet.dear-lego, Lee Jorgensen writes/wrote/has written: (...) Nah, not coincidence. Selective usage of boxes: if the model is crapp, the box has to make up for it (thus getting larger and larger). When the models are OK, the box doesn't matter (...) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Lee Jorgensen wrote in message <3711FFC4.6703EB7F@u...st.net>... (...) And the S@H boxes (at least the ones with three languages) are sometimes even thinner than standard. Maybe it's the American infatuation with size. Kind of like with drinks (and (...) (25 years ago, 13-Apr-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)