 Dear LEGO / 2807 (-10)
  Re: What would it take?

Well spoken! (do you write for something published?) I've only been in computer since mid-eighties, with dark ages for years after Amiga died.... And I hate MS as well. Problem is that like so many others I'm stuck with them because of the company I (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  zactly

hooray Amy, well said. I too have been comptering since the mid70s and abhor mediocrity in all of its nasty nasty forms. specialized toys are faddish and never last, while traditional Lego, by being merely a component, can be reused for ever to (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: What would it take?

(...) !! I wasn't singling you out, and I'm sorry if I seemed to be. For my interests, Microsoft is fully suited to my needs, so I don't have any reason to check out another OS. If my needs change, perhaps I'll shop around, but until that time (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: What would it take?

(...) This is a good point. Folks are responding, I think, not out of beligerence or because they're mean people, but rather because they feel strongly about the hobby and have certain ideals they'd like to see advanced. (...) That is a *great* (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: What would it take?

(...) Hey, I resemble that remark :-) Actually, my groan isn't knee-jerk at all. I've been programming computers since about the time Microsoft bought MS-DOS and then foisted it upon the world. They got where they are on IBM's name, not their own, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: What would it take?

In lugnet.dear-lego, Dave Schuler writes: <snip> (...) <Snip> I think alot of us are still bitter over the introduction of juniorisation nad the change in marketing strategy. I think for many, it came as a total surprise. Most of us grew up during (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: What would it take?

(...) I see your frustration, Dave!, and I'm sure others feel the same way. We've seen a lot of negative reactions to stuff LEGO is or isn't doing. I know they're trying their best to do their job and to work with us, and I _know_ there is a lot (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: What would it take?

(...) Here's where I disagree with you- I definitely feel that we are better off LEGO-wise than we were even as recently as, say, 1998 or 1999. The sets are better, with far less juniorization; we have bulk packs available, and more on the way; we (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  What would it take?

With the recent Microsoft announcement, a number of us have expressed opinions of varying negativity for reasons ranging from the well-founded to the kneejerk. Similarly, following the implementation of the bulk sale service, quite a few people (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Questions about creator

(...) I dunno about the new figures. They are certainly better proportioned, but also slightly "dumbed down", as their hands cannot twist. But then again, it looks a bit like their head has a ball joint, like the Technic figures. A good thing is (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact