 Dear LEGO / 2632 (-20)
  Re: ARE you paying attention, LEGO???...???

(...) Jonathan, I understand your frustration but I've always tried to keep it in the perspective of how well all the big companies I've ever worked for respond to change. It's going to happen incrementally just because big companies are like big (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Silver champion: what about a red stilish pack

"marco berti" <arcmberti@dinet.it> wrote in message news:G2Ir4z.MIK@lugnet.com... (...) think it (...) You mean sad grey as in McLaren? :-) regards lawrence (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Forget 'catch em while they are young', what about 'catch em while they are still alive'

I detect a lowering of the Lego target age group Large number of new sets this year seem to be targetted at a younger generation Baby, Duplo, MyBot, Mickey Mouse And of course we know all about 'juniorization' of bricks. Presumably this is some sort (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

<snip> Lego is about imagination, right? Maybe we "imagine" that the micophone is something else. The real problem is the other things related to the microphone. The printed mike, at least, can be used on Launch Command-theme sets (down with Space (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) Not necessarily. It looks to me that the Shop At Home minifig is the result of a skillfully edited photo. The microphone looks to me like it would be hard to work with, but easy to draw in a painting program. (...) In one of my spaceships, the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  ARE you paying attention, LEGO???...???

I have just spent 1/2 hour reading the "are you listening lego" thread: Here we have a large conversation about you, and we haven't even heard a peep out of you. (or at least I haven't) I've probably posted this same message 2 or 3 times before, but (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) He's not wacking hard enough...seen the POOPS in the new shuttle? (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

With respect to the discussion of Lego vs Mega Bloks, one parallel that springs to mind is Apple Macintosh vs Wintel PC's. Apple hardware has long been characterized as a good quality product that is overpriced when compared to functionally similar (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) I am diffently in always wanted to be an inventor of legos. :) (kai in michigan) (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Here's an Idea

(...) Yeah, I didn't feel quite right having little horns instead of a LEGO stud on top of my Darth Maul mask. I had and idea that TLC should make a mask shaped like a minifig head with no printing, and include a bunch of stickers with familiar (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:G3D163.K3D@lugnet.com... (...) just (...) be (...) have (...) I agree wholeheartedly with that statement. I'm certainly loyal to the brand - but if it comes to the point I'll only be loyal to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) Wow, right on. Except for the hope Ritvik buys out TLC, I totally agree. (...) I have to smile, because I thought of Mega Bloks the first time I saw the Statue of Liberty. Not only did the color remind me of Mega Bloks, but so was the abundant (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Here's an Idea

I think LEGO needs to produce a halloween costume for kids, you know, I'm sure kids would buy it. (especially ones addicted to Jr.) C'mon Brad, Kevin (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) snip... Sort of like those tall Mega Blok buckets on sale for $8 at Shopko? I like those tall buckets, and some of those colors. The lids with their studs are also useful. IMO, Ritvik is trying harder to make customers happy than TLC. If they (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) I can't speak for Dave!, but "I" am of this mindset. As long as the product is quality 99% of the time, I don't care who wins this struggle for marketshare. But more to the point -- why should the average consumer care? And I assure you that (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) I certainly don't want MegaBloks to take over the whole market, but I just as certainly don't mind their presence in it, if only as a warning against complacency. In addition, my brand loyalty (or anyone else's) shouldn't be taken for granted, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) But it's "Bard" backwards! ;-) "Earth Tones" sounds a lot better! :-) --Todd (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Viability of Bulk sales (was Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?)

(...) Then they shouldn't have sent out their holiday catalogs yet... Dave! (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) Not at all. I thought 100 new parts would be plenty. Maybe 50 new each year. Child's play. -John (...) Alllllrighty now, Stevo's in for a mil-- any others? -John (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Viability of Bulk sales (was Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?)

(...) No one has been able to order the new bulk items and not have them backordered. I think it's because we aren't supposed to know about them yet. James James Brown's Parts Sale: (URL) parts, averaging $0.10 per piece. (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact