 Dear LEGO / 2368
Re: Will Lego Learn a lesson?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:48:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Eaton writes:

1. Legoland Theme Parks - The plan was (as I recall) to release parks every 3
years around the world. Certainly the most recent in Carlsbad cost them FAR
more than they've made off of it. From everything I've heard, it's done • nothing
but loose them lots of money (probably the reason they were so eager to hold • an
event there this summer). Further, I've heard that they even limit attendance
for a particular day to avoid crowds--- good in theory, but I think that • hasn't
helped either... It makes me wonder how successful Legoland in Winsor was?

Are you sure? That makes no sense. They are rushing thier new German park, now
opening almost a full year earlier, and they are rushing thier second US park
(probably Florida, maybe Virginia). If LL Carlsbad hasn't been a hit, then I
doubt they would be rushing thier other projects. Keep in mind no theme park
makes a profit in it's first few years.