 Dear LEGO / 2334
  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) While that would be kinda neat, I hope they don't get too caught up in licensing other people's ideas, though. They'd be losing the LEGO 'brand' that they've been working hard to establish. I'd much rather see something they came up with on (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) Oh, couldn't agree more. I hope that with the new Potter line, and whatever the future holds, Castle doesn't go by the wayside like Space did for SW. I would be tickled if TLG licensed others' ideas, but continued to pump out their own system (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) Yes, my opinion is, LEGO isn't fully LEGO unless it's all original from the LEGO company with no outside interference. (...) BUT, maybe they think they will make more money if they use some outside licensing in their products, supposedly (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) <SNIP>Get back to the brick, LEGO. Get back to doing your own thing and get (...) I totally agree. If not for licensing they wouldn't now be faced with these issues of race depicted in "yellow" tones, or those involving whether the lego (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Marchetti writes: **snip of stuff with which I generally agree re: licensing** (...) I don't think EP1 was a good piece of drama, but how, exactly, do you define it as "an epically huge flop"? Certainly not in box office (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) Mea culpa. I merely meant that the movie stink, stank, stunk... I am no big SW fan. I don't think Lucas can write his way out of a paper bag. Most of his peculiar genius is mere marketing, as is often the case. He is the P.T Barnum of special (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) Speaking of stink stank stunk, can you believe that Ron Howard is releasing a live-action Grinch this Christmas? I don't care who Jim Carrey is; the original Grinch cannot be improved upon and should be left alone! (...) Heh. I thought I was (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: TLG Does Listen to us. (if not officaly)

(...) No one can improve on the work of Chuck Jones or Boris Karloff. Ron -- it's over, Baby! Spend the remaining money on hair plugs and recoup your losses, as it were... -- Richard (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)