 Dear LEGO / 225
Re: TRU returning open sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 19:34:48 GMT

I'd bet that stores toss opened/returned boxes and only send in the UPC or
similar part of the box.  Bookstores return the covers of books to the
publishers for refunds and toss the rest of the books (I know, I've got lots
of coverless paperbacks at home).  It just wouldn't make sense to pay
shipping on something that isn't going to be used in a constructive way
(from TLG's point of view).

Mike

Richard Dee wrote in message ...
If true, I wonder what TLG does with them? Can't resell them. Too
expensive to part out and reuse. I bet they dump them in the parts bins
that the Imagination Centers have...

But I don't think it's true, mostly. I think TRU ends up tossing these
if they can't find someone to buy them.

Kevin

I understand that the spillage that occurs on the shop floor,
(in the factories), are distributed to local orphanages. I
would imagine that the same would be done? After all, they
would receive tax credits for that, wouldn't they??