 Dear LEGO / 222
Re: TRU returning open sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 21:51:36 GMT

Hi Larry,

If true, I wonder what TLG does with them? Can't resell them. Too
expensive to part out and reuse. I bet they dump them in the parts bins
that the Imagination Centers have...

You won this bet.
Thats just what happens in Holland, returned sets are opened and tost into
the, what we call rental LEGO boxes. When you do have or plan an happening as
a shop or mall owner, youre able to hire lots of  LEGO bricks.
So youre right they really toss them into large buckets, thats why when you
take a close look, the selection of the boxes is sometimes rather rare and
you would not be able to find all the available bricks. Its really not
economical to restore an incomplete box with just one or two bricks.
Keep building
Nico