 Dear LEGO / 221
Re: TRU returning open sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:17:12 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Depending on the manufacturer, (and retailer) some stores can get a
credit back for opened and non-full items. It depends, I know when I
worked at Best Buy they got a credit for some merchandise, but not all
of it.

Yep, our local Zellers will not go below 50% off on opened/damaged sets
because tey say they can get credit from Lego for them. Seems weird to
me that Lego will credit them for damaged goods.

If true, I wonder what TLG does with them? Can't resell them. Too
expensive to part out and reuse. I bet they dump them in the parts bins
that the Imagination Centers have...

But I don't think it's true, mostly. I think TRU ends up tossing these
if they can't find someone to buy them.

Kevin

Stop the FDIC from spying on us! Go to
http://www.defendyourprivacy.com and sign the petition.