 Dear LEGO / 1996
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 20:59:06 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Marchetti writes:

I note that this week's S@H phone specials included the Imperial Flagship
#6271.  Apparently some people got in on this deal.  I hope it was the many
and not just the few (Tom?).

S@H has at no time showed any favoritism other than "first come, first
served".  Why are you bringing them into this?

Having looked up what it was, I
wish the Nebual Outposts had been offered this week too, instead of just all
of them being handed over to Larry P.

I think you're confusing S@H with the Outlet Stores.  They are not the
same thing at all.

The S@H Phone Specials are listed by Mike Stanley and Tom Stangl -- and at
this point it looks like its Tom's baby.  I think this is a generous gesture
on the part of these guys -- and I never said it wasn't.  I just wonder why
TLC doesn't set this up on its own site so that everyone can log in at 7 am on
Monday morning and see what is being offered this week.  That way there would
be no favoritism.

Again, *what* favoritism?  *Anybody* could do what Tom does, which is call
and ask about the phone specials.  He doesn't have some kind of special
"hotline" to S@H that lets him find out information nobody else has.

Fairness is all I wanted.  The people who freaked out about it must want
something else.

Feh.  The manager *could* have just stuck the sets on his shelves and not
told anybody.  Heck, the manager *could* just say, 'We aren't in the mail
order business" and not ship anything at all. Then you *still* wouldn't be
able to get the sets.  How's that for "fair"?