 Dear LEGO / 1999
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 21:29:42 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Jeff Johnston writes:
I think you're confusing S@H with the Outlet Stores.  They are not the
same thing at all.

Aren't they both owned by TLC? And no, I am not confusing anything at all.  I
was suggesting a solution for TLC overstock -- whether it goes to the outlet
store or to the S@H service is surely a matter of choice.  I am hoping that in
the future they will be more inclined to choose the S@H service over the
outlet stores -- it reaches many more persons.  They are apparently doing both
at the moment.

Again, *what* favoritism?  *Anybody* could do what Tom does, which is call
and ask about the phone specials.  He doesn't have some kind of special
"hotline" to S@H that lets him find out information nobody else has.

I understand this.  My point was that if there is a warehouse find or
overstock of Imperial Flagships or Nebula Outposts (getting very particular
here) TLC should post it on their website.  Or at the very least, Lego Direct
should do this when they get onboard.  That is the fairest thing to do with
old sets as regards us fans. S@H is U.S. only and is not a total solution, its
only my bandaid suggestion.

But hey, if TLC/S@H wants dozens of calls every Monday Morning -- fine by me.
Doesn't cost me a cent to call an 800 number.

-- Richard