 Dear LEGO / 1940
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 01:38:14 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 01:03:00 GMT, "richard marchetti"
<blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Franks writes:
Is anything else relevent? As in, I'd happily contribute to a thread in
market.theory about an innovative business plan that would allow LEGO to
placate as many fans as possible - if such an aim is achievable (who knows?).

I'm in.  But I guess we might as well for Lego Direct to happen / not happen
and see what they can come up with.  I just hope they aren't listening to or
dealing exclusively with the "have's" in this thread -- they are probably the
wrong fellows for the job.

Although the "elite have's" are more than likely the ones, even among
AFOLs, who will be their best customers.

I don't know what Lego Direct will end up being, if anything at all.
I'm _personally_ offended at the nonchalant way ol Brad jumps in every
few months and throws vague promises and requests for patience around,
then disappears again.  I'd rather he either be here or not, and if
he's too important to spend his time here (probably is, given his
position) then he should delegate that task to someone else who can
take the time to post once or twice a week, answer a few questions,
etc.

But I doubt Lego Direct will even remotely resemble this wonderful
future you imagine where producers and consumers meet in some
wonderful lovefest devoid of all middlemen.  I'll happily chomp on
some crow if I'm able to order one or two of whatever piece I want,
but it ain't gonna happen.

Maybe TLC should think Troy C. who I bet would love this job.  It is also my
understanding that he will be needing a job around that time, but perhaps
things have changed.  I dunno...

Troy's a good guy, although given your remarks about people who buy
then resell, even if they're breaking up sets, I'm surprised you'd
suggest him, since he does as much or more of that than anyone except
maybe Todd.

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html