 Dear LEGO / 1939
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 01:31:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 23:39:09 GMT, "Craig Livingston"
<clivin007@aol.com> wrote:

Again, I have no side in this argument. The reason being is no one is
objective at all in this case. Haves want it to continue. Have-nots want it to
stop. I am suggesting that in this one case...the underhanded dealings are
wrong. I have no problem with whoever buying 40 of available sets or even 40
of an unvailable set...if and only if the information is in the hand of the
public. Reward that person for being an early bird..definitely. Reward for big
purchases...maybe (yes, if you are the manager and want quick disposal of
inventory), but only if the information is available. Which is not
broadcasting it to the far corners of the globe. But it is telling more than
one or two elite people. This is wrong no matter how you slice it.

Going with what actually happened, what would you propose the manager
have done that would qualify, in your book, as NOT underhanded or
wrong?  Post some silly "I'll have some stuff on sale tomorrow - call
in and find out what it is" message here?  Please, we get enough of
those already.

How exactly could the manager have contacted more people?  Maybe the
sets were all gone after the first two.  Shoot, maybe they end up
being gone after the first, even if the manager had 20 people to call.
What do you propose, a conference call?

You say you don't have a side in this but you do, and that's fine.  I
don't agree with you, I don't think this manager is obligated to make
sure YOU or I have access to this market info you're talking about.
He's obligated to move his product - and that's exactly what he did.
Nothing right or wrong about it.

If YOU (or anyone else) want to ensure that you always have the latest
market info, then pick up your phone, pay for your own long distance,
and call the store every day - maybe even every hour just in case
something comes in.  Why on earth should that manager spend his time
devising other ways to distribute info to you and others that suit
_you_ when he just may have found one that works just fine for him?
There are no free goods - call yourself if you want the info.  I bet
if you had called 5 minutes before he made the call to the "elite"
(love all these emotionally charged words in a post by someone who
isn't taking sides <g>) and asked if he had anything coming in and
offered to buy it he would have sold it to you.  But you didn't do
that, and neither did I.

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html