 Dear LEGO / 1961
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 05:46:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

You say you don't have a side in this but you do, and that's fine.  I

--------

Actually, the more I think about this, I do have a side. I originally said
that since I did't care about the sets in question. I got caught up in the
argument and I am sorry for that (not thinking completely through a response
is bad).

---------

Let's try again...a little more concise and less flamatory:

1. This argument for me has nothing to do with use of said Lego
2. It is not a flame against any party involved.

My problem with this is simply that I see a bad trend continuing. Especially
since I actually live in GA. I am going tomorrow to discuss this with the
manager (that I have talked to many times but, erringly, have not left my
number). Personally, I didnt want these sets...I just don't want to be left
out of every future deal due to geography or willingness to spend thousands on
Lego (maybe someday, but being a grad student hurts the finances). There is no
simple solution...so I am going to try to join them (can beat you know :) So,
hopefully, a good discussion with manager of the store will be somewhat
fruitful. We shall see.

This said I see nothing wrong the Outlets business plan. They moved Lego, did
their job. End of story. I believe in the end this is bad constumer relations,
but if Todd is right, then maybe the Outlets are temporary. In that case, they
need to do everything possible to shore up the bottom line.

That is my cool headed, thoughtful response,

Craig Livingston