 Dear LEGO / 1625
    fan support —Stephen F. Roberts
   ...Luckily, Brad posted again so we all have the sneaking suspicion that LEGO is starting to listen to us, but just in case the 'Guys in Power (tm)' needed more evidence that AFOL's and local clubs are a vital part of the whole plan, all they need (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: fan support —Gary R. Istok
      (...) Stephen, I do hope some of the "LEGO Bigwhigs" (Peter Eio are you listening?) read this. I've said long ago that we AFOLs are TLC's "LEGO Ambassadors at Large". Gary Istok (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: fan support —Stephen F. Roberts
     Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote: <chop> (...) ...I long ago mentioned Games Workshop's 'Outrider Program' as a model that should be copied by LEGO. GW actively encourages and helps out local groups and individuals to go out and champion their (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: fan support —Christian Gemuenden
     Dear LEGO, I think every AFOL does have influence on the company, although not necessarily as much as Stephen did with these sheets. Well, whenever I am checking a toy store for new LEGO sets (at least once a week) then there is someone else who is (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: fan support —Richard Earley
     (...) I agree, imagine what a flock of AFOLs in a mall could do for promotions. Give us S@H cards, catalogs, givaways, maybee a loaner model from the TLC builders, and we do the advertising. I'll even bet the malls would be very happy to advertise (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        The Cluetrain Manifesto (was: Re: fan support) —Todd Lehman
   (...) You go, Stephen!!! Excellent report! The things the fan community does for TLC are priceless! On that note, while skimming Slashdot tonight, the following document came up in one of the conversations there earlier today. I've attached a copy (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: The Cluetrain Manifesto (was: Re: fan support) —Kevin Wilson
     (...) <snipped> Hehe yes, great stuff! Does any of it sound like TLC? Yes? Read, mark, learn and inwardly digest, TLC... please. We want you still around in 10 years! Kevin (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: The Cluetrain Manifesto (was: Re: fan support) —Larry Pieniazek
   One of the authors of this came to our sales kickoff meeting. Great talk. Dunno how many of our salespeople "got it" though. (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)