 Dear LEGO / 1522
Re: Where have all the Flowers Gone... Long time passing...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:53:40 GMT

Hi all,

do you guys mean the 6318 set is no more available in the US? I recall I saw
many of them on the shelves here in Italy, and many older 6319 too. If 6318
has been discontinued I better go and buy some of them for my train setup
before it's too late :-)

Mario

Web page: http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari
LUGNET member page:  http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=22
Proud member of ItLUG: http://www.itlug.org

Eric Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote:
Dear LEGO,

As many people on LUGNET know I have been trying to increase my collection • of
LEGO flowers and Classic Trees.  The reason why I have turned to LUGNET is
because I am finding it nearly impossible to find these parts any more.  I
realize that these parts have not been common in sets for a couple of • years
except for a stray flower is a hugh Town Jr. set but at least we had • buckets
that usually came with a couple flowers.

Now it seems that not even the Basic/Classic sets come with flowers and I
havn't seen a classic tree in years.  I realize that with the marketing • focus
on Boys that flowers, trees, and plant life in general is not a priority • in the
sets and I don't have a hugh problem with that although I would prefer a • more
unisex product line.

I guess my hope is that LEGO Direct will be able to provide us with parts • like
this.  I personally like landscaping my projects quite a bit and it really • adds
the finishing touches that I am looking for when creating buildings.  If • LEGO
Direct could offer us Classic trees (Great topiary bushes) in all shapes • and
sizes and Flowers in Red, White, Yellow, Blue, Pink, DkPink, and maybe • Purple
and Orange as well it would be a dream come true and I could build that • big
European Guarden for my village that I really want to do.

Thanks for your time in reading this,

Eric Kingsley,

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/