 Dear LEGO / 1514
Re: Where have all the Flowers Gone... Long time passing...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:38:35 GMT

Don't forget the obvious omission - TULIPs.  You'd think with TLC being European
they would have STARTED with tulips, not generic flowers.

It would be nice if they would come out with a landscaping pack, or at least create
a few more types of flower heads and make them available via LD.  I'm sure molds
for flower heads wouldn't be THAT expensive.

Eric Kingsley wrote:

Dear LEGO,

As many people on LUGNET know I have been trying to increase my collection of
LEGO flowers and Classic Trees.  The reason why I have turned to LUGNET is
because I am finding it nearly impossible to find these parts any more.  I
realize that these parts have not been common in sets for a couple of years
except for a stray flower is a hugh Town Jr. set but at least we had buckets
that usually came with a couple flowers.

Now it seems that not even the Basic/Classic sets come with flowers and I
havn't seen a classic tree in years.  I realize that with the marketing focus
on Boys that flowers, trees, and plant life in general is not a priority in the
sets and I don't have a hugh problem with that although I would prefer a more
unisex product line.

I guess my hope is that LEGO Direct will be able to provide us with parts like
this.  I personally like landscaping my projects quite a bit and it really adds
the finishing touches that I am looking for when creating buildings.  If LEGO
Direct could offer us Classic trees (Great topiary bushes) in all shapes and
sizes and Flowers in Red, White, Yellow, Blue, Pink, DkPink, and maybe Purple
and Orange as well it would be a dream come true and I could build that big
European Guarden for my village that I really want to do.

Thanks for your time in reading this,

Eric Kingsley,

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/