 Dear LEGO / 1422 (-20)
  Harry Potter(ish) lego line possibility?

Dear Sir: As the mother of a 4th grade girl who loves her lego bricks, I would like to see more set lines/themes to draw both boys and girls further into "The Wonderful World of Lego." Drawing on the immense well deserved popularity of Harry Potter (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Product Suggestions, Concepts & Themes

Please read the orignal postings as well! In followup (...) Something is happening inside TLG..... I went to Hamleys on Saturday and spoke to thier Lego rep and floated the haunted house idea. He said that he would able to pass on any drawings/Ideas (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  UK 1999 Christmas Catalouge-(You made me Cry!)

Dear Sirs, Whilst I accpet that perhaps your traget market has change, I was saddned by the lines in the 1999 Christmas catalouge. This is not a rant but genuine upset at the recent dumbing down of your product lines. I am not annoyed by the recent (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) There's nothing quite like nostalga to make people want, nay - need, something. Someone at my work saw my offer on the internal newsgroup to buy any childhood LEGO from them and contacted me, ready to sell. I made the mistake of pointing them (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Proposed New Train Components

(...) Well, speaking of wheels, please discontinue your current wheel design and create trucks they way exist in reality-- the design is actually simpler and would require fewer bricks! <wink,wink> What is really needed is one size wheel for (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

Lawrence Wilkes wrote: <snip> (...) That may be true, but I think many non-AFOL parents (who played with Lego as children) would buy the re-released classic sets "for their kids." It might even bring alot of people out of their dark ages. --Colin __ (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Some Important Questions regarding TLG Policy?

Attn: Mr B.Justus Dear Sir, I was wondering if you could clarify some issues for me. (i) New Concepts- Sugesstion and discussion of Given that some ideas for new theme crop ocassionaly. I am asking whether it is alright to put these up on the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  New Product Suggestions, Concepts & Themes

ATTN Mr B.Justus TLG,Billund,Denamrk Lego(R) UK Ltd, Wrexham. Lego Futra. LUGNET Readers. Dear Sirs, (With apologies to any Female Readers.) In a followup to my existing post( which has caused contetion over what ideas WERE original.) NB Note to (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Farlie A

It seems I went too far in claiming certian things! (...) Agreed. (...) systems such as LGB. Therefore I propose the following. (...) Accepted. (...) Again Accepted as not new. (...) Again Accepted as not new. (...) But not an offical Lego(R) one (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Why not even borrow from some of the large piece auctions that allow you to combine multiple winning bids into a shipment. Release the production schedule for 3 months and require all bulk orders come in at once. This allows TLC to have the info (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Farlie A

(...) My understanding is that you can't copyright an idea either: copyright protects an *expression*, ie a poem, a computer program, a piece of music. Writing a program to print a calendar means you have copyright in the program, but not the idea (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Perhaps, but are those labor costs more than the cost of trans-Atlantic (...) than (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Totally unrealistic. The labor costs to break down the sets would cost more than selling them at a discount. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Of course there is always the obvious, that TLG might decide to break slow moving sets from the previous year or two and sell those pieces individually instead of their current practice of reshipping unsold sets back to Europe for markdown in that (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

In lugnet.dear-lego, Timothy D. Freshly writes: Cool idea! (...) This might not be a problem if TLC allow bulk ordering to take up to 3% of piece A, and 5% of piece B etc. So however they distribute the excess is up to them? I don't think we'd make (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  "Face" Packs

One of the things that I would like to see is a "face" pack. Taking a couple face types and putting different expressions on them (Happy, sad, laughing, crying, surprise, anger, etc.) I think they would be easy to make (yellow bricks and some ink) (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Dear Brad: As you can see, one of the AFOLs primary concerns is the ability to bulk order a wide variety of pieces in vastly different quantities. Wouldn't it be great if an AFOL could order ANY piece currently in production in ANY quantity (at (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Proposed New Train Components

(...) Small and Large wheel sets for more authentic steamers! Ones which don't jam up on points and crossings. wheelsets with a technic axle for hooking up mechanicals or embedding a technic motor to drive the train. (...) Y shaped points, angled (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO should reissue some classic windows.

(...) My best guess would be 6079 Dark Forest Fortress. It came with one blue one. Jeff (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO should reissue some classic windows.

In lugnet.dear-lego, Gary R. Istok writes: **snip of some compelling suggestions** (...) This has probably been asked before, but a search for "shutters" returns exactly one gozillion entries, so I thought I'd ask again. What was the last set to (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact