 Database / Set Inventories / 889
888  |  890
Subject:
What should an inventory include?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 00:12:47 GMT

Since no one has responded to notes posted in the Lugnet.Admin.General about
a discussion group for inventories, I'll throw this out here too.

I was wondering what information people really want in these inventories.
Personally, I tend to want as much information as possible.  I put the
packaging information (what was in the display tray, what was loose, what
items were bagged together), as well as the "serial number" off the front of
the instructions and any identifying numbers off of sticker sheets or the
theme posters of some of the late 90's sets (which I assume are packed
consistently with their sets).

Looking through Peeron, some inventories have this level of detail, and some
don't.  Is the goal to eventually have all inventories contain the maximum
level of detail, or do we not care as long as the inventory contains all the
pieces necessary to build the main model?  I'd like to know how other people
feel about this.

Admittedly, it won't change how I do inventories.  I'm too anal to do them
any other way.  :)

Just a side question to add to this: is Peeron officially associated with
LUGNET?  If not, does LUGNET maintain an nventory repositary?