 Database / Set Inventories / 878
  peeron updates?

I know this group isn't for discussion - but I'm not sure where else this should go. As you may have seen, Dan or I have been posting updates to peeron.com here, but I'm not sure everyone wants/needs to see all that - but I could be wrong... I'd (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.db.inv) !

  Re: peeron updates?

(...) I like the posts here about updates to peeron.com. They justified because your site is mainly an inventory site and this is an inventory newsgroup. Your site can be seen in a certain way as a enhanced and browsable version of this newsgroup. (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: peeron updates?

I appreciate hearing back from you. It's nice to get confirmation that the inventory was noticed. I think I prefer getting an e-mail simply because it clogs the newsgroup up less. It also starts an e-mail thread that I use to communicate mistakes, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: peeron updates?

Jen I prefer to see the updates posted. about once a week would be nice. I know you guys include a list of new pics and sets added, how about a single link for "new" pics and another for "recent " inventories? If other people (or enough) disagree, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: peeron updates?

(...) I think it is good and valuable to post updates here. People read (or search) this newsgroup because they want to know about inventories. Particularly since many people send you inventories directly instead of posting them here, your posting (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: peeron updates?

(...) Hmm, I disagree on this point... I'd rather "clog" the newsgroup than "clog" people's email accounts, if that makes sense. Not that I think *either* is a clog. The newsgroup is meant for posting inventories - isn't that what you're doing, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: peeron updates?

(...) I've been finding your site more and more useful and would like to see updates here somehwere. Weekly would be good when significant updates come that often. Maybe .announce would be the place for your site announcements. Perhaps you could (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: peeron updates?

I guess it depends on which "update" you're talking about. I think that posting a note occasionally to the newsgroup listing new sets added recently is definitely a useful thing to continue. But I don't think that an "Added, Thanks" note needs to be (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: peeron updates?

(...) I think posting updates here is a good idea, although I check for inventories only on peeron - it's much easier and more powerful. Are there any inventories here that don't appear on peeron? I think Samuel's idea of linking the set's peeron (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: peeron updates?

(...) about 400-500 of the vattima inventories still don't appear on peeron.. (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.db.inv)