 Database / Set Inventories / 883
Re: peeron updates?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 20:35:49 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Jennifer L. Boger writes:

As you may have seen, Dan or I have been posting updates to peeron.com
here, but I'm not sure everyone wants/needs to see all that - but I
could be wrong... I'd like some input from everyone - are you interested
in seeing us continue to post updates?   If so - how often?  Or would
you rather receive a note via email or some such?  Or should we leave it
to you to just keep checking back? :)

I think it is good and valuable to post updates here.  People read (or search)
this newsgroup because they want to know about inventories.  Particularly since
many people send you inventories directly instead of posting them here, your
posting is a good way for people to keep abreast of how many inventories have
been done and what sets have been inventoried.

Frequency?  Well, once every fifty or hundred sets seems good to me (I'm
tempted to add "Or once a month, whichever is more often" but hopefully there
will come a time when that would be boring because every set that could be
inventoried had been inventoried).

And I think crossposting to .general would be entirely appropriate when Peeron
hits 1000 inventories. . . :)

TWS Garrison