 Database / Set Inventories / 583
Re: 9731 inventory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:02:52 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Mark Koeberl writes:
Todd does accept gifts to Lugnet. I can see helping to keep Lugnet up. As
far as those of us who scan or compile, I feel it's done voluntarily. I've
put a few set inventories up, but I did it because I wanted to. If you want
to support the process, include an inventory of your own, or send a "Thanks"
e-mail to the person whose inventory you used. Gratitude/appreciation is
worth more than a nickle to my thinking.

Agreed, definitely. I've inventoried a set or two, and complied the Acronym
FAQ, but it's all done out of - I dunno exactly what - "glad to help"-ness,
or whatever, if it helped anyone then I'm glad I did it. And yep, the thanks
and such that people receive are probably worth more to most of us (who only
do this part time) than a few bucks (1).

This is different, however, from Todd and Suz, IMHO - they invest an
enormous amount of time into lugnet, and for a while at least, lugnet
membership fees and Auczilla was their income (CMIIW please!). I feel that
donations to *lugnet* are more important than just thanks, although I'm sure
Todd and Suz appreciate both forms. ;-) I try to give both kinds as often as
I can.

I'll take this opportunity to say it again - thanks *so* much, Suzanne and Todd.

-Shiri

(1) And this comes from someone who counts every buck!