 Marketplace / Theory / 1892
Re: 9731 inventory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 16:08:17 GMT

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 03:52:04PM +0000, Thomas Main wrote:
It would be neat to somehow tally how much each of us use resources like
this.  There are inventories, instruction scans, and LUGNET features
that I use all the time.  If the folks running these could keep a tally
of our use and suggest a fee (something like $0.05 per use), we could
forward payment to them every so often.  Could this be accomplished
through use of a cookie?  Maybe it could even be semi-automated.  For
instance, we would put in a credit card account and once our total
reached a certain minimum (say $20.00), our card would be charged.  This
way, the effort that these folks put in to providing these services
would be rewarded.

this could be easily done via cookies - have the server give you a cookie,
and let you either go to a page to see your access history, or if you enter
an email, mail it to you.  I dunno how I feel about charging money for the
service...  perhpas if it was just a donation...  optional...  hmmmm...

--
Dan Boger / dan@peeron.com / www.peeron.com / ICQ: 1130750
<set:113_2>:  Motorized Train Set (LEGO/SYSTEM/Trains/4.5v/Train Set), '66