 Marketplace / Theory / 1894
Re: 9731 inventory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 16:46:40 GMT

Addendum to my other post:
However, putting that consideration aside, the cost (and time) of
setting up and running a payment mechanism like this could easily be
greater than the generated returns.

I just thought I'd point out that cookies alone would not solve the
problem. What if someone deletes their cookies and/or switches
computers? That would mean setting up a database and pages to handle
logins. I think that a one-time donation system would probably work
better. (By one-time I mean that none of the data is stored. You could
always make more donations later, you'd just have to re-enter all the
data.)

--
Jeromy Irvine

mail: irvinej@accuvera.com