 Database / Set Inventories / 1484
1483  |  1485
Subject:
School's In (was ISD Inventory posted)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 19:29:57 GMT

You know, things brings up yet another amazing thing about this amazing set.
For me anyways, it's going to many valuable lessons on building techniques
such as the one Adrian describes here.  Being a builder who has yet to
tackle a truly large project, I'm hoping this one will be the start of such
good things....and hoping my wife takes the S@H carefully placed inside her
Cosmo as a hint :)

Cheers,
-Gil

In lugnet.starwars, Adrian Drake writes:
<snipage>

My hunch with the magnets is that they are used to attach the body panels to
the frame (I used a similar technique to mount the lower deck cover on my
Nebuchadnezzar) that way the outer wall doesn't have to line up with the
frame, as the magnets can pivot in whatever way they feel like to get the
panels to stay.  That's how they're making the compound-angled hull shape.

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com