 Database / Set Inventories / 1483
Re: ISD Inventory posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 19:05:28 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Dan Boger writes:
With the kind help of TLG, I just posted an inventory of the new <set:10030>
Imperial Star Destroyer on Peeron:

http://peeron.com/inv/sets/10030-1

Some notes:
- This inventory is the result of our translation of the data the LEGO
provided, and as such might (and is likely) to be not 100% accurate.
Corrections (once people get some MISB sets) are most welcome!

- This cooperation from TLG should not imply that there are any plans to
release inventories of new sets in the future.

Thanks LEGO, and Enjoy!

Peeron Inventory Admins

I'm already mentally rearranging my new sorting system to make room for
massive quantities of some new pieces (140 1x2x1 panels?  119 1x2 groove
tiles?? 32 pairs of 6x12 wings???)  Yow, this looks impressive. And the
sheer quantity of 2xn plates is awe-inspiring.

My hunch with the magnets is that they are used to attach the body panels to
the frame (I used a similar technique to mount the lower deck cover on my
Nebuchadnezzar) that way the outer wall doesn't have to line up with the
frame, as the magnets can pivot in whatever way they feel like to get the
panels to stay.  That's how they're making the compound-angled hull shape.

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com