 Database / Set Inventories / 1341
Re: Peeron Colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 03:49:24 GMT

Hi,

When I was inventorying some of the Harry Potter sets, I ended up using
the color names here:

http://home.att.net/~baylit/Color.html

It seemed to have good distinction between butterscotch, orange, and
ltorange, which as you say all show up in Harry Potter, and are all
quite similar.

It is just another color chart though.  Perhaps someone can summarize
all these charts, using the names that seem the most "official", and
submit it to Dan for inclusion on the peeron site.  Peeron should have
its own guide to map the colors listed in the peeron inventories.

Cheers,
Kevin

Samuel Christiansen wrote:

There are certainly some color charts there, but what we really need is a
Peeron-specific color chart.  Inventorying the Harry Potter sets I've
noticed a lot of confusion as to what colors are being used.  Everybody
seems to come up with different colors for the same parts.  There are two
minutely different shades of orange used in these sets.  Some people
differentiate (Orange and DkOrange) while some just just Orange for all.
There are all sorts of purples, pinks, violets, and teals used throughout
these sets and everybody seems to be using different names for the same colors.

It would be very helpful to have an accurate color chart displaying the
different colors used at Peeron with their names.  If we could get a
complete color chart and get Dan and Jenn's stamp of approval to use those
colors and color names for Peeron inventories, it might cut down on the
confusion.

Just knowing what color names are used at Peeron would be helpful.  As far
as I can tell, there's no way of just getting a list of the colors used in
Peeron inventories.  It would be nice to be able to get a list of colors,
and click on a color to get a list of parts in that color, and click on a
part to get a list of sets using that part in that color...  :)  Ah, the
possibilities...

   Samuel Christiansen

In lugnet.db.inv, Sonnich Jensen writes:
I beleive this should do?

Sonnich Jensen