 Database / Set Inventories / 1325
Re: Slurping at Peeron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 18:12:44 GMT

Dan,
        If slurping is using a program to download a whole entire site, then
I'm quite safe in saying that I won't, can't and probably never will be able to
do that.  (I'm a pathetic dial-up user, so it would take me eons, even if I
knew how.)
        Something that might be cool and stop the slurping is to sell Peeron
CD's.  If the whole site data doesn't fit onto just 1 CD, then you could split
it up (1 CD for sets, 1 for parts).  With the increasing number of people who
have multiple ROM drives these days, it might even be practical to set
up multiple CD's to run in sync with each other, if all the needed info doesn't
fit onto just 1.  Of course, that wouldn't really work if the amount of data is
more than a few gigs, but anyway, that's my 2 cents.
        David "Fuzzy" Gregory