 Database / Brictionary / 223
Re: Thoughts on Parts Taxonomy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 00:00:26 GMT

I like the idea of better indexing, and would be happy to incorporate any new
method into peeron - now someone just has to write it :)

I know that indexing by a non-unique field (which is the part number) is a bad
thing - it's just the easiest and most convinient.  When (one day), I move
peeron to an SQL backend, that indexing will change, and we will allow multiple
part numbers for the same part...  as well as multiple different parts with the
same part number.

:)

Dan