 Color / 1380
  Re: Why do you love bley?

(...) They're talking about making incandescents illegal here in Aus (or possibly just in QLD) fairly soon, with subsidies for switching to compact flourescents. Gladly they come in a range of colour temperatures these days, so you're not limited to (...) (17 years ago, 9-May-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Why do you love bley?

(...) Yeah, that's what I got- 'warm white'. They aren't the same color as warm-white incandescents by any means. Those are yellowy, the CF's aren't as yellow. I haven't switched entirely- I bought a pack of them, and I'm replacing bulbs as my (...) (17 years ago, 9-May-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Color filters (was: Why do you love bley?)

All this color talk has me finally posting something I have been thinking for awhile: My biggest problem with the greys and bleys is that it is hard for me to be consistent when I want to be consistent. If I need, say, eight 1x2 plates in grey or in (...) (17 years ago, 9-May-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Color filters (was: Why do you love bley?)

(...) I too suffer colour blindness so I have to keep them separate. This also makes it much easier when I want to build exclusively in one colour since it's already separated out. I agree it can be a pain though and I have been caught out before (...) (17 years ago, 9-May-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Color filters (was: Why do you love bley?)

(...) For me, either fluorescent light or bright sunlight work well. But just keeping the parts separate like Tim said would be a lot faster. (17 years ago, 9-May-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Color filters (was: Why do you love bley?)

(...) Try using a blacklight (the flourescent variety, as the incandescent types barely produce any UV). TNG lights up very brightly, while trans-yellow is just trans-yellow (unless it's the original Toa eyestalk or Kaukau mask, which are actually a (...) (17 years ago, 10-May-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)