 Color / 1369
1368  |  1370
Subject:
A request to those who have "switched over"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 01:09:54 GMT

Hey all,

After reading the many and varied responses to Mr. Chiles' recent post (to which
I replied) I wanted to create my own post (and/or thread starter) to air some of
the feelings that were stirred up in me.  I let a few days pass to make sure
that these feelings were not momentary, but ones that continued to remain
strong.

Primarily, I would like to request that those of you who have decided to adopt
the new colors not bother to participate in threads regarding the bley/blown
issue if you have nothing to contribute to the discussion other than "This is
the way it is, so deal with it and stop whining."

This kind of sentiment accomplishes nothing.  It's incendiary, unnecessary and
IMHO, implies an aura of elitism which is not needed in any hobby.  On the other
hand, those who continue to decry the change are also accomplishing nothing.
I've tried to keep quiet on this myself.  It is difficult, but I'm trying very
hard!

I will not adopt the new colors and I never will.  It is not a question of
"accepting reality."  I can clearly see the reality of the situation and I've
made the choice that I have decided is best for me.  Those of you who feel
differently have made the choice that is best for you.

No further debate is necessary or helpful.  It will only further widen the gap
that is already yawning between these two camps.  We must agree to disagree and
we must all make an effort not to engage and insult each other on a issue upon
which there will never be consensus or resolution.

Dave S.

P.S.  Calum Tsang, I'm sorry that I directly referenced your post about
"accepting reality."  I've no reason to suspect, nor was it my intention to
imply that you are an unreasonable person or prone to fits of zombie-like
corporate sycophancy.  I've never met you in person and have no reason to assume
so, your words just happened to provide the perfect way for me to make a point
about my feelings.  I hope that your feelings are not hurt as that was NEVER my
goal.