 Color / 1368
1367  |  1369
Subject:
To Bley or not to Bley...(was: Thank you for replying)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:55:27 GMT

In lugnet.color, David Eaton wrote:
   In lugnet.color, Bob Parker wrote:
   Since I have no more old grey to mix together and see side by side w/bley,

Woah! Did you actually sell/trade/burn/give away your old greys and browns?

I Pretty much sold off all of my collection on BrickLink over a couple of years period. But that wasn’t because of the color change at all - that was just a coincidence that the color change occurred just as I was entering a mini-mid life change of life crisis which included a pretty thorough Dark Ages to go with it.

   How does your bley collection compare to what you used to have in old gray?

Unbelievably tiny - just a fraction of what I had for old grey back in my prime. I only have a (relatively) few select bley pieces, just enough to build the skyscraper that I wanted to go with one of the few sets I own these days (the XXL Mobile Crane).

   I guess I ask because I’m still at the stage where I’m thinking “replacing my old gray with new gray is such a duanting task that it’ll take me 10 years or so”.

Yep, that was one of my main reasons for not caring for the color change when it first happened - I too was thinking of all the $$$ I’d need to spend to convert over completely. Getting some coupons and careful shopping using my wanted list on BL recently allowed me to not spend a fortune in light bley for making a 15 story skyscraper.